Thanksgiving Day is mainly celebrated in the United States and Canada to celebrate the harvest and other blessings of the past year.
In United States, the main feature of Thanksgiving day celebration is a large meal, generally centered around a large roasted turkey and hence the Thanksgiving is also known as “Turkey Day.”
Most Thanksgiving turkeys are stuffed with a bread-based stuffing and roasted. Sage is the traditional herb added to the stuffing (also called dressing), along with chopped celery, carrots, and onions.
These days the popularity of Deep-fried turkey is rising. It requires special fryers to hold the large bird, and reportedly leading to fires and bad burns for those who fail to take care when dealing with a large quantity of very hot oil.
In 2017, Thanksgiving will be celebrated on Thursday, November 23, 2017.
Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes, Cooking / Roasting Times & Safest Instructions :
When the festival of Thanksgiving comes nearer, people start searching for Thanksgiving turkey recipes, thanksgiving turkey cooking times, turkey roasting times per pound / kg, roast turkey temperature, etc.
Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes – Foodnetwork website has a good collection of over 125 Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes
startcooking has a good post on its website giving you an Ultimate Guide to Cooking a Thanksgiving Turkey.
The post answers most of the questions you might be having in your mind about Thanksgiving Turkey like –
- What kind of turkey should you buy – fresh, frozen, whole, or just the breast?
- What size of turkey should you buy?
- What’s that stuff already inside my turkey and do I eat it?
- What kind of pan do I need to cook the turkey and for how long?
- Is making stove-top stuffing cheating or should I stuff the turkey?
- Should I make gravy from scratch or just buy it?
- Now that the turkey is cooked, how do I carve it?
- Is turkey healthy and why am I so tired after eating it?
- Is there a turkey hot-line for emergency questions?
- What kind of side dishes do I need and how about some dessert?
- What do I do with all those turkey leftover?
Apart from this, whatscookingamerica has published information about How To Cook Turkey – Turkey Roasting Instructions For Safety And Doneness.
If you Like This Post Please Comment Below and Share ...